Thursday, August 23, 2012

We Pledge to..



I survived the first week of school! I kept asking myself, "Why in the world did I chose this profession?" over and over again. "I love my job. I love my job. I love my job." I'm pretty sure you were all feeling that way as well :) The first couple of weeks, and the first week especially, is just plain difficult. I look at the first graders that I had as kinders last year  and see how well behaved and "trained" they are. Ohhh how nice it must be to have them nice and ready for school! Anyway, I have great kids and I think we're going to have a great year. Just ready to get into a routine. Each day is getting a little bit better. It can only go up from here!


I sat the kids down on the 3rd day of school to create some classroom rules. I found a really great idea from Pinterest! We first read "David Goes to School" and talked about how David didn't follow the rules. We did a rough list of some classroom rules that they thought we should have in the room so that everyone got along. Here is what we did:




All of our rules on a flag! The kids pledged to follow the rules and got to stick their star on by themselves. 

The kids drew a self portrait and then told me something they were going to work really hard on this year!
These are hanging up around the flag in our classroom so it can be a constant reminder that they pledged to me they would follow the rules :)
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the flag with your classroom rules. I may have to copy this one for next year!
    Connie:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flag that you did with the classroom rules. Your stuff looks awesome!! So glad I found your blog!!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete