Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Classroom

Well..it's back to school time! After spending countless hours in my room after hearing only 2 weeks before school started that I got my job back, this is how my room turned out. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of what it looks like compared to my first year of teaching. Thanks to my mentor, Connie Anderson at Welcome to First Grade Room 5, my room looks the way it does. I can't thank her enough for all the help and support that she's given me these past 2 years! If you haven't checked out her blog yet, you're missing out! 

Anyway..here is my room. I teach half day Kindergarten and half day Title. I will be doing interventions in the afternoon so I decided that setting up my room for Kinder would be the best way to go. I have taken on an underwater theme so I hope you enjoy :)
Kitchen play area/Environmental print wall

Bulletin board for monthly work/themes
I found this paper plate idea from another blog. Once I find it, I will definitely give it credit! 

My fun window decorations

Tattle telephone..thank you Pinterest! This is GOLDEN.

Part of my reading nook 
Another view

I got this cute umbrella at Jewel Osco!

My easel with an alphabet pocket chart from Lakeshore Learning

Some of my calendar wall, many ideas thanks to Kim Jordano!

Writing Center

I made this octopus using purple trifold poster board. My octopus lost a leg last year so I had to improvise :)

I'm trying out this clip chart for behavior! 

My front door

This speech bubble is used to inform parents of upcoming events, a little note to say hi, etc. The kids love reading what will be on there everyday.

My data center/student of the week board

I found these crayons at the Dollar Tree...love them!

Beanie baby decoding strategies 
My "desk"..who has room for an actual desk anymore? :)

Here is a long shot of my room

The other side 

North facing side

I turned CAFE into the Face of a Reader board.  I'm very excited to try this!

My listening center


post signature

7 comments:

  1. I love the titles, using plates. Very clever.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classroom pictures turned out great,Allison!!
    Connie:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blog land! Your graphics on your blog are amazing and calming at the same time. Your room looks fantastic also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your classroom and blog! I am your newest follower!
    Latoya
    Flying Into First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your room. It is adorable. Please write a post about the Days of the Week above your calendar. It is so cute. I also like the plate idea and the tattle telephone and...(I know I'll be copying lots of your ideas :)
    Lyn

    Mrs. Goff's Pre-K Tales

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am your newest follower. Your room looks great! Love the speech bubble above your picture--how cute! Lattes and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute room! Thank you for stopping by my blog:)

    Have a great year!!

    ReplyDelete